FCCLA is ...
... the only youth organization with family as its central focus, youth are empowered to address personal, work and societal issues through individual and chapter projects. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life necessary in the home and workplace such as planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication.
FCCLA Creed, recited by members of the West Monona FCCLA Chapter.
Thank you to all who are involved!
FCCLA is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus. FCCLA is a career and technical student organization that functions as an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system, and it provides opportunities for active student participation at the local, state and national levels.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
1. To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
2. To strengthen the family as a basic unit of society.
3. To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
4. To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
5. To promote a greater understanding between youth and adults.
6. To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
7. To prepare for the mulitple roles of men and women in today's society.
8. To promote Family and Consumer Scienced education and related occupations.